Monday, April 23, 2007

Checklist of fun things to do before I leave

Waiting for my new I-20 form to arrive before re-visiting sorting out the visa. Probably late this week or early next. Booked my ticket to Frankfurt today, following confirmation of flight details from CFA, and therefore I will definitely be leaving Singapore on the night of 30 May. Have left the booking of my other flight, planned from Brussels to Florida (most probably Palm Beach International) on 11 June for a bit later, since there seem to be many affordable flights between the 2 places. Who knows what other deals I may come across in the meantime?

It seems to have been in the works for so long, that the stark reality of leaving is just beginning to sink in... Considering how I'd never really seriously considered having the opportunity to study overseas all the while due to financial and logistical considerations, this is both exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Hence, a list of things I would like to do before I leave.
1. Semakau walk - 19May
2. Reefwalk - 20May
3. Any Wildfilms outing I can make with the most people around - 17/18 May?
4. Hantu Blog dive! - 29 April, pending confirmation
5. Makan gathering with the lab folks, and JANI! :)
6. Makan gathering of the menagerie
7. Celebrate the Juan-fish's birthday - 1 May
8. Buy dinner for the folks at home - esp gramps and my ah-ma because that's what I've always wanted to do with my first proper paycheck, plus who knows where they'll be in 2 years time?
9. Eat pepper and chilli crab someplace
10. Suddenly have a weird desire to try some tajine cooking, and I recall seeing some at Arab St, so perhaps an outing there is in order?
11. Check out the Jap place at the Raffles City basement.

Items 5 to 11 may be combined in certain limited ways. I don't see the old folks taking a fancy to Moroccan cooking, somehow... heh.

This is in between my weekly Genus practices, badminton and makan, of course. And any other outdoor activities that seemed like a good idea - like Ubin.

Also still haven't decided if I should go away for the 4-6May weekend as I'd planned yonks ago, it seems. I've of course already splurged $300 on an air ticket to Bali. But there's so much left to do before the competition and so little getting done it's scary.

Also the not-so-fun things, included because I've got a leaky brain these days and could do with the reminder...
1. Update my health and immunisation records
2. Get winter clothing
3. Pack stuff in various Speedpost Saver boxes - 1 box bound for Florida with my dive gear, amongst other things, and the other bound for Wilmington with books and more clothes. To remember to collect and include stuff for TL.
4. Pack stuff needed for Europe trip
5. Settle the usual trip-related details, apply for international ATM card, and buy anything else I've forgotten.

Gotta cram all this into 1 month? Heh. Better draw up a chart and a plan before the time zooms by and it all goes to nought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home