Random web stuff
Friends would probably realise by now that I'm usually quite reluctant to bother with figuring out new ways to do the same things especially if I've found something that works well for me.
However, was pretty bored at work today, so while waiting for other stuff to be done so I can resume the mind-numbing task of cutting and pasting stuff into a huge appendix I've been putting together, I've set up a couple new accounts on Multiply and Twitter. A couple of interesting (relatively) new ways to update on the web.
Though I still don't see the point of keeping myself a-twitter, despite the continued behests of twitter-obsessed Monkey and Duck, foremost amongst a host of other twitter-crazed people I know... As I'm not really motivated to figure out how to get myself connected a-twitter, I shall just wait for more twitter-savvy people to tell me how best to set up my account. Or just wait around for more free time in the office, I guess...
On the other hand, Multiply is something that has looked interesting for quite some time, combining photo albums, blog, and friendster-like networking properties into one site. Spent some time sprucing up the site, and found it extremely easy to import recent posts from this blog, though it picked up miscellaneous posts from everyone else as well from the shared blogs on my dashboard. Photo uploads will have to wait till I get home to my own computer. Not too keen on the friendster-ish features, but for a person who isn't very good at keeping track of people, adding contacts was simply a matter of inputting my gmail login and password. Was pleasantly rewarded with some contacts I hadn't heard from in quite some time, as well as some newer kakis on the online community, and they are now sitting on my invite list. Perhaps this means I won't lose track of people so easily now...
However, was pretty bored at work today, so while waiting for other stuff to be done so I can resume the mind-numbing task of cutting and pasting stuff into a huge appendix I've been putting together, I've set up a couple new accounts on Multiply and Twitter. A couple of interesting (relatively) new ways to update on the web.
Though I still don't see the point of keeping myself a-twitter, despite the continued behests of twitter-obsessed Monkey and Duck, foremost amongst a host of other twitter-crazed people I know... As I'm not really motivated to figure out how to get myself connected a-twitter, I shall just wait for more twitter-savvy people to tell me how best to set up my account. Or just wait around for more free time in the office, I guess...
On the other hand, Multiply is something that has looked interesting for quite some time, combining photo albums, blog, and friendster-like networking properties into one site. Spent some time sprucing up the site, and found it extremely easy to import recent posts from this blog, though it picked up miscellaneous posts from everyone else as well from the shared blogs on my dashboard. Photo uploads will have to wait till I get home to my own computer. Not too keen on the friendster-ish features, but for a person who isn't very good at keeping track of people, adding contacts was simply a matter of inputting my gmail login and password. Was pleasantly rewarded with some contacts I hadn't heard from in quite some time, as well as some newer kakis on the online community, and they are now sitting on my invite list. Perhaps this means I won't lose track of people so easily now...



4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
i is not twitter craxy duck! :O
get flickr account la... can share and view more...
you pay ah? :p
i don't really think my shots are publish-worthy enough for me to fork out the charges for a flickr pro account.
a bit annoyed actually, cos the dumb multiply thing seems to pick up any and everything that is updated on my dashboard.
short of turning the whole damn crossposting thing off i havent' figured out how to fix it yet.
... hence the website name "multiply" ... i prefer flickr coz you can just search within an account and not search their entire database. but that's just me being an old dinosaur.
:P
Post a Comment
<< Home