Friday, February 16, 2007

What does your hair say about you?

No, not an advert for hair care products. Hrmph. I grow out my hair a bit, and get no respect anymore. This morning, the taxi driver asked me if I'd just started working, commenting that I look like a student! And then much later, at the sports shop where they were having a sale at the badminton racquets, the staff couldn't even be bothered to serve me, even though I was seriously looking to buy a decent racquet that would enable me to learn how to play badminton properly using my wrist without seriously damaging it. I ended up buying one anyway, cos the offer was pretty good. Hopefully it wasn't a wrong decision because after reading some conflicting advice online, and in the absence of any proper assistance, I ended up picking one from a range recommended by a friend, that felt the best to me. Guess will find out when I test it tomorrow. At the very least it is light and balanced enough that I can swing fine from the wrist. (Yes, what you have is a very noobish sort of badminton player here, who can fool the uninitiated due to decent reflexes and good hand-eye coordination. Actually I think I can count the number of times I've ever played badminton on my two hands. Been hitting from the arm and a more experienced friend commented that I'd probably gain much more from learning how to use my wrist properly.)

But the whole incident led me to realise that it really has something to do with my hair. Because I haven't had problems like this in awhile. Somehow short cropped hair makes me seem more adult, maybe it conveys an up-yours attitude that makes people react a certain way to me. Subliminally I probably do react a bit to people's reactions too, taking their initial deference as a cue to assert myself more. The prospect of being treated like a kid again doesn't bode well. Still, I'll leave the hair for now as it is neither here nor there. Will let it grow out more and see what I can do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home